The upgrading of the Agege stadium, the home ground of the Nigeria Professional Football league side, MFM FC Will be ready before the first home game of the olukoya boys In the Confederation of Africa Football CAF champions league.
Speaking during a scheduled facility tour, the senior special assistant to the Lagos state governor on sports facilities, Mr. Bolaji Yusuf explained that the level of work done so far is 60%, “The majority of the upgrading work is completed and by Monday the new extension will be covered leaving room for the remaining 40% which involves fittings and other minor details to bring the stadium to CAF standard”.
The stadium upgrade is expected to be completed and handed over by February 19th and a test match will be conducted on February 20th to try out the new features of the Agege stadium.
The upgrade involves the relocation of the dressing room, referees room and and the addition of a doping control room.
The upgrade will also improve security for players of both the home and visiting teams as against the previous set up where fans had easy access to the dressing room and also the referees room.
The work when completed will be a fulfilment of the promise made by the Executive governor of Lagos state, Akinwunmi Ambode to the MFM FC players and management after the Olukoya boys picked a slot for the prestigious Confederation of African Football CAF champions league after finishing second in the 2017 season of the Nigeria Professional Football league.